Company: Multinational Payment Company
Job Description Summary
The Product & Technology, China team is looking for a strong technologist to join the team in Shanghai.
Job functions will include monitoring and support for network and network security equipment, WAN circuit troubleshooting, and handling proactive and reactive outages directly and by working with our vendors.
Work on implementation projects for new data center, and corporate office locations.
Support network availability.
Engage with vendors to drive resolution on hardware, software, and circuit problems.
Additionally, you will be resolving network service and firewall access requests along with troubleshooting performance issues with other internal groups.
Additional job responsibilities would include managing network capacity, deploying equipment, implementing process improvements, administering network management systems or developing and maintaining network automation tools, and ensuring compliance with Information Security standards. Assist Security Architect on all network security activities.
- Strong sense of professionalism, duty, and ethics
- Good communication skills in Chinese and English
- Can work equally well independently and in a large team environment with co-workers in multiple time zones.
- CCNP, CCIE or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ experience in design, implementation, and operation of large scale network environment.
- 5 + years experience with LAN/WAN/ISP link troubleshooting is required, including opening cases with circuit providers and datacenter personnel to resolve biz critical connectivity issues.
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP, IPv4, DHCP, DNS, packet captures, and packet/flow analysis. Experience on various vendor’s solution is a big plus.
- 5 + years experience with BGP, OSPF, and MPLS in multi-gigabyte environment.
- Familiarity with Leaf-Spine architecture, practice experience in VxLAN is a big plus.
- Knowledge of IPv6, Multicast,QoS, Unix/FreeBSD/Linux, Open-Source NMS tools, Oracle.
- Knowledge of WIFI, IPsec/SSL vpn and load balance.
- Project delivery skills.
- 'Security-first' mindset. Knowledge on common and emerging security threats and in-depth knowledge of security best practices.
- Familiarity with network security equipment such as modern stateful or application inspection firewalls and IDS/IPS is a plus.
- Experience in Network Automation Scripting or programming skills in Python or Perl is a big plus.