We are looking for an experienced metal tooling and process engineer to provide a technical interface between client's product design groups and their suppliers, and to drive development of world class metal forming tooling and processes at client's supply base.
This individual will be expected to assist in the product design process through Design for Manufacturing (DFM) input, as well as direct the suppliers in the design and manufacture of metal forming tooling and, as well in actual part manufacture.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Participate in the product design process through appropriate Design for Manufacturing (DFM) input in metal components.
- Work with the suppliers to develop new metal process tooling, processing, and quality specifications to meet geometric and cosmetic requirements for client's products.
- Manage and direct client's suppliers in the design and build of metal process tooling to assure meeting client's project and part requirements.
- Drive optimization of metal forming processing at suppliers.
- Make appropriate use of tools such as DFM, SPC, Six Sigma etc. in the development of tooling and processes for metal part manufacture.
Education & Experience
- BS in engineering (MS preferred)
- 5 - 10 years experience in the metal forming industry, Cosumer electronics, automotive manufacturing suppliers.
- Open for the Position: Tool designer, Tooling PD, Tooling manager, Tool and die, HPDC, High pressure die casting engineer.